WINE: GEWURZTRAMINER OR RIESLING
As most of you know, I am pregnant. Therefore I did not have any wine with this dinner. However, I would recommend a semi-dry Gewurztraminer or Riesling with this dish.
RECIPE: SINGAPORE SHRIMP NOODLES
· 6 oz of skinny rice noodles or angel hair
· 1/2 cup chicken broth
· 3 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon brown sugar
· 3 tsp peanut oil, divided
· 1 large egg, lightly beaten
· 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
· 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
· ¼ or ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
· 4 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tablespoon curry powder
· 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined (or sliced chicken thighs)
· 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, Drain.
2. Combine broth and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add soy sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add egg; stir-fry 1 minute or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from pan.
6. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat.
7. Add bell pepper strips, ginger, crushed red pepper, and garlic; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add curry powder and shrimp; stir-fry 3 minutes. (If you substitute chicken you will need to cook for a few minutes longer).
9. Stir in noodles, broth mixture, and egg; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
10. Sprinkle with green onions.