Last week a friend brought some store-bought White Bean Truffle Dip to my house. Now I love truffle oil and salt. In fact, I bought a popcorn popper just so I could pop popcorn and drizzle with truffle oil and truffle salt. So of course, I loved the dip. In honor of the Army-Navy game today, I thought I would make my own version. Here it is. Go Navy!
RECIPE: NAVY BEAN TRUFFLE DIP
§ 2 (15-ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
§ 1 head of roasted garlic (see below)
§ ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
§ 1 cup olive oil
§ 1 hand full of fresh parsley leaves
§ 1 ½ tsp salt
§ ¼ tsp black pepper
§ 1 tbsp White Truffle Oil
§ Pita Chips and/or veggies
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut of top of garlic head and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in aluminium foil.
- Roast Garlic for 40 minutes. Then allow to cool.
- Place everything but pita chips and veggies in food processor. Blend together.
- Serve with pita chips and/or veggies.