Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Navy Bean Truffle Dip


Last week a friend brought some store-bought White Bean Truffle Dip to my house. Now I love truffle oil and salt. In fact, I bought a popcorn popper just so I could pop popcorn and drizzle with truffle oil and truffle salt. So of course, I loved the dip.  In honor of the Army-Navy game today, I thought I would make my own version.  Here it is. Go Navy!

RECIPE: NAVY BEAN TRUFFLE DIP
Ingredients:
§  2 (15-ounce) can navy beans,  drained and rinsed
§  1 head of roasted garlic (see below)
§  ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
§  1 cup olive oil
§  1  hand full of fresh parsley leaves
§  1 ½ tsp salt
§  ¼ tsp black pepper
§  1 tbsp White Truffle Oil
§  Pita Chips and/or veggies

Directions:
  1.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  
  2. Cut of top of garlic head and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in aluminium foil. 
  3. Roast Garlic for 40 minutes. Then allow to cool.
  4. Place everything but pita chips and veggies in food processor. Blend together.
  5. Serve with pita chips and/or veggies.  



No comments:

Post a Comment