WINE: Go Italian!
A nice Sangiovese or Chianti will work well here. Or try a Super Tuscan, Montepulciano or Barbera.
RECIPE: Sausage & Goat Cheese Pappardelle
o 1 tbsp11 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
o 2-3 links Italian sausage
o 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
o 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
o 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
o 1/4 cup dry white wine
o 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
o Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
o ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more of less based on preference)
o ¼ cup freshly torn basil leaves
o 4 ounces goat cheese
o 1 lb pappardelle pasta, cooked according to package directions (or another wide noodle)
1. Remove sausage from the casing and break into coarse pieces
2. Cook sausage in olive oil until the sausage has browned slightly.
3. Add onion and red bell pepper and cook until soft.
4. Add the wine and let evaporate for 3 minutes.
5. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
6. Add the tomatoes and season lightly with salt and pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
7. Raise heat and bring sauce to a boil, stirring frequently.
8. Reduce heat and let simmer until the sauce has thickened.
9. Stir in basil and goat cheese.
10. Toss cooked pasta with sauce.