Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

My Favorite Grilled Chicken Breasts and Corn and Green Bean in Lime Butter with Cobblestone Chardonnay

I have tried lots of different recipes for grilled chicken breasts and this is my absolute favorite. I marinate the chicken for 36-48 hours. I would not recommend anything less than 24. The result is a super moist and flavorful, almost succulent piece of chicken. I usually put everything for the marinade in the blender. Although I have also chopped everything finely and whisked it together. Either way yields delicious results. I always make extra and use the leftover chicken on top of salads, in chicken salad, or in a wrap.

This is a dinner I make frequently and have paired with all kinds of side dishes such as grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts. In the summer, I love making this with corn, green beans, shallots, mixed together in a lime butter. The vegetables are gorgeous and yummy.

WINE: 2007 Cobblestone Chardonnay, Arroyo Seco (Monterey)

A Chardonnay is an easy pairing with this dish and this Chardonnay worked well with the chicken. By itself, the wine was good, not great. The nose smelled delicious boasting banana and butterscotch. Perhaps this raised my expectations for the palate. I did really enjoy the mouthfeel which was round, almost elegant. The wine displayed notes of banana, pineapple and butterscotch, but the finish fell shorter than my liking.

RECIPE: My Favorite Grilled Chicken
Servings: 4

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup olive oil
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• 1/2 shallots, rough chopped for blender (or finely chopped if whisking)
• 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped for blender (or finely chopped if whisking)
• ¼ cup parsley, rough chopped for blender (or finely chopped if whisking)
• 1 tsp thyme, dried
• 1 tsp marjoram, dried
• ½ tsp pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 4 chicken breasts

Directions:
1. In blender or by whisk, mix all ingredients together, except chicken.
2. Place chicken in shallow dish or Ziploc bag. Cover thoroughly with marinade and allow to marinate for 24-48 hours.
3. Grill on medium heat until cooked through. This will largely depend on size of breasts. I find that it usually takes 6-8 minutes per side.

RECIPE: Corn and Green Beans in Lime Butter
Servings: 4

Ingredients:
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• ¾ lb. green beans or haricot verts, cut in ½ pieces
• 1 ½ cups frozen corn, thawed
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp lime juice

Directions:
1. Cook shallots in butter over medium heat until they are soft.
2. Add beans, corn and salt. Cook until beans are done and corn is heated. Stirring often helps.
3. Right before serving, add lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment